Saturday, August 30, 2008

tired

I don't know why I am so tired right now. I didnt get out of bed officially till 1 pm. Although a lot of that time was spent laying here wishing I was sleeping instead of actually sleeping. Maybe that's why.


I think Titus gets car sick. Usually he's a very happy puppy, but in the van I've noticed that he gets really still and lethargic. He threw up in there the other day, but we had been driving around all over the place for a while so I thought it was just the length of time in the car. Poor pup.

Trevor (the baby) has been in my ribs all day. I can't remember if I mentioned that in my previous blog.



My friends wife just got hired on at Borders book warehouse doing customer service. They gave her an interview and hired her the same day. So I got the phone number and first thing tuesday morning I am going to go apply. I also applied to work at west@home. it's a customer service thing as well, but it's from home. That would be pretty neat if I could do that since I'm gonna be popping out this kid in a few months. Then I can stay home and breast feed.

I really would love to breast feed exclusively for the first six months of his life at LEAST. However, if I go back to work, that will be nearly impossible, unless I produce so well that I am able to pump a LOT. I am also going to look into it and see if our insurance covers a midwife. I know someone else who has BCBS and they said that it covered their midwife. I will probably still birth at MTMC because C would be more comfortable with that, but I would rather have a midwife than a Dr. because a midwife is going to be a thousand times more willing to let mehave the natural childbirth I want. Also I want to be able to move around, shower if I want, get on my hands and knees, really anything. I don't want to be stuck on my back strapped to monitors all the time. Intermittent monitoring is just fine. If they wanna come check the baby's heartbeat every hour, they have my blessing.

I suppose I should make a birth plan. I will do that tomorrow and post it up here. Then if anyone who has had kids before has any suggestions of things I may be leaving out, they can let me know.


A big thing is we are not going to circ our son. We have decided that that should be his decision. If he would like to be circ'd when he is old enough to understand the decision, then he is welcome to it. But it's his body and his choice.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Trenton will be turning 6 months old on the 4th of September. He really hasn't been all for solid foods just yet so I am slowly introducing him. He would rather nurse all day long.

About the Puree machine. I bought it new off of Ebay. With shipping it was about $32 bucks. I tried the manual Munchkin hand grinder, I do not recommend buying that POS. Not worth the money. I buy mostly frozen veggies and fruits to puree. SO far Trenton has tried Green beans, carrots, squash, apples, bananas and peaches. Everything was frozen except the apples and bananas. I let him try one for for a whole week just to make sure he wasn't allergic to it.
Once he gets older I will puree/blend any food that we would be eating for dinner. That probably won't happen till he is around 9 months. Have to wait till he is old enough for certain foods (grains, sauces, etc.)
There are some websites about making your own baby food online. Just google "homemade baby food" and you should be able to find something.