Sunday, August 31, 2008

A monkey who doesn't have a tail

We got up around 1130 today. Went over to C's moms for a bit. Showed her all the wedding pictures, as I uploaded them all to photobucket last night. She liked them. Trevor was kicking up a storm, then when she would put her hand on my belly to feel it, he would get shy and stop. heh.

Hung out there for a few hours, then we went to Dicks sporting goods to look at some paintball supplies. C had heard they had a huge selection of paintball equipment there, but it was slim to say the least. Disappointing as we went to the next city over to go there.

We walked down the sidewalk afterwards to Best Buy to look around. Found Rock Band for the wii, and will buy it later on when we have more money as it is $170.

We did good, we didn't spend any money in either store. This month we have to be extra frugal because of the new car and we only have until the 21st to pay our 1000 down payment. Gonna be quite a stretch now that I lost my job. Hopefully tuesday I will get hired on at one of the places I applied for.

I said I was going to make a birth plan today and post it, but I am super tired, so I am going to play peggle and relax. I will think about writing one tomorrow.


I am hoping I interest someone enough with this blog to actually read it, but I doubt I will. Maybe I will try my hand at writing some short stories. My dad has always said that with my active imagination, I could be a writer. I, however, don't think my writing skills are good enough for that. Sure I might be able to come up with some good ideas, but I ahve trouble expressing those ideas to others. But as I said to someone else earlier, practice makes perfect. Maybe I will try my hand at childrens stories. I used to make up stories all the time for the kids at the daycare. And I have a couple of friends who are really good at drawing, so I could probably get them to help me with pictures. I'm going to do that. I am going to write a story about . . . hm . . . let's see . . . a monkey. A monkey who doesn't have a tail, and all his friends and family do. And how he has to learn that different doesn't mean bad or ugly. I think it is important for kids to realize that people are all different from a young age. It helps promote tolerance as you get older and run across people with traits you haven't seen before if you know from the start that everyone has something different, even if you can't see it.



Anyways, I have ben having some small talk with Erin, the mother of C's other two boys. She's a nice person, and I sincerely hope that we will be able to build up a friendship. She and the boys live in texas, so C doesn't get to see them frequently, and I have never personally met them. I am hoping to maybe be able to go with him this october to see them, but if I can't he is going back in December for Christmas, and I will go with him then. I'm excited to finally meet his other two boys. And Trevor will be born by then, so they will get to spend time with their brother! I can't wait!

Well, I suppose I could start writing my story instead of playing computer games, so that is what I will do. I may or may not post it on here, depending on how it turns out and if people think it is good enough to possibly publish. I may be getting WAY ahead of myself here though.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Good Luck on writing the children's stories. I am horrible at grammer and drawing so I can't be any help there. lol
About traveling to Texas in October, when are you due again? Around Thanksgiving?? To tell you the truth I doubt it if you Dr. will recommend it for you to travel that far. Especially this being your first you don't have a labor history like if the baby will arrive early or anything. Trevor could be like Trenton and want to arrive 3 weeks early. haha
But I would ask your Dr. just in case.